Friday, October 9, 2020

God Is Good All The Time

 

God has been especially good to me. He called me to serve and I answered. I was sent to a place that suited me. I was more than delighted to be in Damongo, Ghana; it had become my home. Then this explosion! The COVID-19 pandemic broke out and for safety reasons I travelled back here to the USA. 

Frankly this is somewhere I do not want to be. Don’t get me wrong, I am so well cared for. Joshua, Jacob, Trevor, Debbie, Kate and Audi welcomed me back with open arms. I have been living with my oldest son Joshua since I returned on March 19, 2020. The accommodations are terrific. How can I complain about a bedroom with at 65” TV? Who would ever complain about living with a son who is an excellent cook? He knows what I like to eat (sushi, buffalo wings, shrimp cocktail, steak) and is willing to prepare what I want whenever I ask. A little side note: I want to blame him for the 45 lbs. I gained in the last 7 months, but we all know I can’t.



When I left Ghana I thought I would be here in the USA just a few months. Obviously I was wrong. This return has been difficult for me. I started thinking, “What if I can never go back to Ghana? What will I do?” I know that Jesus is with me and I trust in Him, but hey, I need some help here! I’m getting a little concerned. I needed someone to talk to, some spiritual guidance.  I heard of a seven-day Silent Directed Retreat being held at St. Paul of the Cross Monastery in Pittsburgh and decided to go. Yes, ME, silent, even at meals. No, I did not get kicked out. Amazing!  

I had never met with a Spiritual Advisor before and had no idea what to expect. The moment I sat down in front of Fr. Curtis Kiddy I felt a bond, a connection. Fr. Curtis did not just listen to me, but he heard me. From the beginning he knew exactly what I was feeling; he understood. The way we were able to communicate with each other seemed somewhat mystical. When I left the retreat I did not know what was going to happen next in my life.  I did leave; however, once again believing that God would help me through this.

I began writing this blog weeks ago. Since then I found out I will be boarding a plane on November 9, 2020, in Pittsburgh.  I hop on another in NYC, and another in Accra, Ghana, where I will fly to Tamale, Ghana. From there I will be driven two hours to Damongo, my home!

 

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD

7 comments:

  1. I join you in thanking Him for His bountiful love and gifts. Praying for safe travels and a very happy return. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been so nice having you stateside, and we only wish we could have been together for (much) more of it! Wonderful blog entry, especially the ending! 🛫

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did not see enough of each other but the time we did have together was awesome. Too bad our original plans did not work out. Let’s try for next Christmas in Europe.

      Delete
  3. Karen, such wonderful news! Steve and I wish you safe travels home to Damongo. We know that your Ghanian family will be so very thankful to have you return. May God bless and keep you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Joanne and Steve. I am so Blessed to be able to return now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natural herbs have cured so many illness that drugs and injection's can't cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. i read people's testimonies online on how they were cured of Herpes, Hpv HIV/AIDS & STDs, Diabetics, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, etc. by herbal medicine, so i decided to contact the doctor because i know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with Herpes for the past years but Dr Chike cured me with his herbs and i referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes but to God be the glory, they were cured too .I know is hard to believe but am a living testimony. There is no harm trying herbs. Contact Dr on Whats-App . +2333502715551. text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982 , or you can also contact through his Facebook Page @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.

    ReplyDelete

Closing Chapter: Love Has No Boundaries

When I began my journey to be a missionary I said it was the beginning of a new chapter in my life. Now it is time to end that chapter and b...