Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Journey to Ghana

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019, I set out for Ghana. I was to fly out of Pittsburgh to Minneapolis, MN to meet up with my missionary partner, Diane. The flight was delayed such that getting to Minneapolis in time for the Paris connection was not possible. No problem, Delta booked me on a flight to Paris through Boston. Perfect! Until the flight to Boston was delayed and a plan C was in order. Next I was booked on a flight to Atlanta where I was able to make my connection to Paris. Finally I met up with Diane.


After a 4 hour wait at Charles de Gualle Airport we boarded our flight to Accra, Ghana. We were transported to a nice hotel, and after a well needed shower and good night’s, rest we were driven back to Accra Airport to board an Africa World Airline flight to Tamale.  We were met by Msgr. Gus who drove us to Damongo, our home town for the next three years.

We have already become familiar with Damongo, visiting various churches, driving by many schools run by the diocese and visiting the Cathedral. We were blessed to have met the Archbishop of Tamale as well as the Archbishop Emeritus.

The people of Damongo are very friendly, especially the children. They are excited to greet us and shake our hands. It is a beautiful feeling to be so welcomed.

Diane and I have been staying at a guesthouse run by the diocese. Today, Monday, January 28, 2019 are to move into our new home. It will be nice to get settled. Except for the fact that I am still without one of my three suitcases, the one with my clothes, things could not be better.

Enjoy the pictures and stop back!






4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, So glad you and Diane made it safely to Damango. Wow, your mission site and mine are opposite ias far as landscape. I am in a lush, tropical island. Cell and internet here is Super expensive, so I need to wait until the w/e to go work on my blog. Blessings and know I keep you close in my memory, heart, and prayers. Stay in touch. 😁 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it to Papua New Guinea. Yes, it is dry here. Today it was 100 degrees and they say this is not even the hot season. Internet prices are not bad here so I can manage. Thanks for reaching out to me. I miss you!❤️🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad to see you made it, are you staying in a grass hut?hope your shower is working well, may god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days.
    Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

    Email: investmoneyoilgas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Closing Chapter: Love Has No Boundaries

When I began my journey to be a missionary I said it was the beginning of a new chapter in my life. Now it is time to end that chapter and b...